The Customer Support Representative will manage the process of ordering products, from order entry to order to ship and supply at any moment correct information to external customers and internal stakeholders. Ensuring via demand management, screening orders, maintaining the forecast in the system current at customer level to be able to correctly deliver ‘call off’ orders. Total handling of commercial and logistics complaints e.g. incomplete deliveries, broken products etc. Finally handling the possible credit notes. Responsible for the introduction process: ANRF (Article Number Request Form), ARF (Artwork Request Form), RFC (Request For Color), RFM (Request For Mold), as well as the introduction follow up.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact and escalation for the customer
- Ensure sound customer data/information for the Sales Force when they prepare for customer visits help them to be pro-active and improve customer satisfaction
- Review incoming customer visit reports and follow up where required.
- Transition commercial contracts (with forecast data) into system contracts and keep them current on a customer level
- Handle forecast and demand management working in close contact with customers, analysing forecast versus actuals comparing to the customer contract. Also preventing shortages or non-moving stock due to sloppy phase in/out of new products.
- Processing and follow-up of sales orders, from order input through delivery.
- Proposition of alternative products when requested products or parts are not available
- Review, update and maintain customer stock levels, keeping the customer informed at all times.
- Review, update and maintain customer data in the unique customer profile
- Receive and handle all complaints and (possible) claims, including commercial complaints within the agreed turnaround times.
- Create so called special invoices, e.g. credit notes, customer bonuses and handle all questions and operational issues around these invoices.
- Handle communication and information to customers with regards to: shipments, packaging, volume, availability etc. Follow-up in case special occasions occur and be pro-active
- Fax delivery notes or shipment advices to customers
- Continuous product knowledge update, ensuring the latest product developments are known
- Interaction with Sales, CPCC (Commercial Pricing Costing and Contracting), Finance and Logistics to ensure up-to-date data and maintain current customer and product information
- Prepare independent quotations for ‘take off’ assortment
- Responsible for the introduction process: ANRF, ARF, introduction follow up
- Ensure general support of the Sales Force when it comes to: taking care of samples, reporting bonus calculation, reporting turnover, quantities, sales quotes, going after information
- Invoicing and ACR (Accounts Receivable) follow up for FS (Food Service) customers
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers and strive for customer delight
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Marketing, Communications or any related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience in an international B-to-B market environment
- Knowledge and operating experience of transport/logistics is preferred
- Knowledge of and worked with INCO terms is preferred
- General knowledge of Customs procedures is preferred
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Microsoft Office
- ERP software in general
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, well organized, accurate and well documented
- Customer Service minded and customer focused
- Able to cope with deadlines and time pressure
- Team player
- Able to prioritize and take the self-initiative
- Able and willing to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent language skills, fluent orally and in writing English
Geographic Responsibility: US Lima Columbus
Type of Employment: Full Time
Travel %: 0%
Exemption Classification: Exempt
Internal Relationships: Manager CS and CPCC FS, Sales, Production, Logistics, …
External Relationships: Customers
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: Office
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: N/A
Direct Line Manager (Title): Manager, Customer Service & Commercial Support Foodservice, Global
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable): N/A
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Dotted Line Reports: 0
Estimated Total Size of Team: 1
deSter is an equal opportunity employer and committed to considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.